Thursday 15 September 2011

Studying Animals

4th September 2011

Class No.9 of Discover Bengaluru through Sketching, Animal Study (limited to Sheeps and Goats) at Eid – Ga – Maidan.

Eid – ga – maidan is a open muslim prayer hall in chamarajpet, Bangalore.  Also the field is used by some schools as play ground.  Also one would find a heap of  sheep and goat vendors beside the maidan.  Earlier there used to come only on weekends, but these day they would be found everyday.

Senthil our Instructor led the group for the day as I was not able to come early.  He was there by 09:45 waiting the students to come.  He kept me informing that very few had come and finally at 10:30 he text me that six member had come and has started.   As usual there was a demonstration and the students followed him.  It was fun trying to sketch animals and we had to concentrate again and again to sketch told one of the participant. I came to the site at 11: 30 and saw them sketching, they were tired of sketching animals as they found it very difficult in grasping their position except for Leena who was still sketching goats and sheeps.  There was a ruined vechile (lorry) which they found it interesting and were busy sketching, some of them even tried the minar which was there.

I found them sketching pretty confidently, also i was happy to see some of their sketch where there was a lot of improvement.

 Sketching scene at Eid ga maidan, chamarajpet

 Leena seen sketching




After the days session I took them to Gallery Rasa which was just 100 mtrs from Eid ga maidan.  The installation art which was displayed   was new to them, they all enjoyed a lot and some even commented on the work.  We discussed a lot on the works and finally dispersed. 


 
 a view at Gallery Rasa

2 comments:

  1. nice ! i too used to sketch goats a lot in my student days. this exercise reminded me of my early student days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice ! this exercise reminded me of my early student days. i used to sketch goats a lot in my student days as i used to find them most in my Muslim neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete